We are looking for a service-minded Logistics Account Manager to act as a liaison between our customers and freight carriers. The Manager will secure new accounts, expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads. You will negotiate contracts with carriers in a manner that optimizes profits.
To ensure success in this position you need to maintain current knowledge of freight carrier services, and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention. Top applicants are customer-oriented and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Logistics Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Booking orders with carriers.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Tracking status of loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on the status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
Logistics Account Manager Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Established book of business preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.